- Which browsers can I use with EnergyIQ?
EnergyIQ may not work well with every browser.
For the best experience, please use:
PCs: Firefox 3.5 & 3.6 or Internet Explorer 7 & 8, Chrome 11
Macs: Firefox 3.5 & 3.6 or Safari 5, Chrome 11, Opera 10
Feedback or Problems Using EnergyIQ
Please review our Known Issues list before submitting a bug report.
- I am having technical difficulties with the site (pages won't load, import/export problems, etc.).
- Contact our tech support person, and please provide your login name if you are a registered user.
- How do I submit a suggestion for a new feature or improvement to the tool?
- Submit a feature request
Questions about EnergyIQ
- What kind of buildings can be evaluated with this tool?
- 62 building types
are available for California (CEUS) peer group and
51 building types
for the U.S. (CBECS) peer group.
- You use the term "median" a lot. Why, and how exactly does it differ from average?
- In EnergyIQ, we typically use the median as a measure of central tendency for a set of benchmark data, rather than average (or "mean").
We use medians because they are less susceptible to skew from outliers.
Read how to compute a median.
- What does it cost to use this tool?
- Use of the tool is free.
- Who developed this tool?
- See our EnergyIQ Team page.
- Who funded the development of this tool?
- The California Energy Commission, under its Public Interest Energy Research
The California Air Resources Board
- Do I need permission to link to this site?
- No, feel free.
- Are the technical methods and assumptions documented?
- Yes. You can find our documentation reports at the About page.
- How do you protect my data?
- Our privacy and security policies and procedures are posted here.
- Is there a version of this tool for homes?
- Yes, check out Home Energy Saver.
- Are there utility programs and rebates to help me pay for upgrading my building?
- Here are some resources
Also check our Decision Support area for more information.
- I have concerns or questions about my utility bills or service.
- Please contact your local utility directly. We are independent of your utility and are not energy suppliers, but some utilities link to us in a way that makes it appear that they are hosting this tool.
Special Uses of EnergyIQ
- Can I obtain the source code and modify the tool to meet my needs?
- We offer a web service license that provides the functionality of source code and the ability to design your own user interface.
- Is there a downloadable version that can run without the internet?
- No, EnergyIQ is a web-based application.
- Can I export or import my data to/from other tools?
- Hosts of other tools can utilize our web service in order to create a routine for importing your EnergyIQ data to their tool. Conversely, we are working with other tool developers to allow import to EnergyIQ.
- Does EnergyIQ generate an ENERGY STAR rating?
- No, but we have a special data-transfer protocol so that data can be transferred/updated from EnergyStar Portfolio Manager into EnergyIQ.
If we still haven't answered your question, or you have feedback please email the project team.